Re: dselect install get's stuck with console-data config -- please help!

heya,

to upgrade a system, i'd do apt-get update and then apt-get dist-upgrade
both before running dselect.  actually, i wouldn't use dselect at all
but that's personal preference.  either way, the only error that i'd
be concerned about from your post is:

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:46:23AM -0800, Lukas Latz wrote:
> get(console-data/keymap/policy) said  at /tmp/config.12467 line 442,
> <STDIN> line 5.
> console-common failed to preconfigure, with exit status 255

but i think i recall seeing that on my system as well. i've gotten
the rest of the messages about picking default keymaps as well.  just
run dist-upgrade again, i'll bet it won't complain about it again.

hth
	sean