Re: good procmail alternative?

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 12:04:20PM +0100, Thorsten Haude wrote:
> Duh. Now that I think of it, what is the reason to use MIME anyway?

The person who added that code wanted to do filtering based on MIME
attachments, e.g. disallow attachments, only allow certain types of
attachments, etc.  The problem is, the module it's using to parse MIME
messages sometimes reformats paragraphs, and that breaks GPG
signatures.  It really shouldn't have ever been released with that
option turned on by default.

> >> It also seems to be unsupported.
> >
> >It's been a while since the last release, but it is still being
> >supported.
>
> I sent fixes for two small bugs to the bug tracker a year ago, but got
> no answer (It's still unfiled in fact). You can't get much more
> unsupported.

There have been a lot of changes to it in CVS (some of them by me!),
but you're right that's it's been a long time since the last release,
and that no one's monitoring the bug tracker.

> Good info, thanks. I will see whether I can get a reply there.

Hopefully the fact that Simon has started up that mailing list is an
indication that he wants to jumpstart support for the module.

Walt