Re: dist-upgrade (potato->woody): how to get X back up?

will trillich said:

> attached is the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file (sorry for the size)... hope
> it sheds some light on this. i'd love to get X working
> again. (why was it so easy in potato? was i just lucky?)

sounds to me like /dev/mouse doesn't point to your mouse device. this
is a very common problem when running X -configure

if your mouse is PS/2 do:

cd /dev
ln -s psaux mouse

if it's something else..well then you may need another driver(s) for
USB or something before starting X, I think the default usb mouse
device in debian 3.0 is /dev/input/mice or something

nate