Re: Permedia 2 hardware acceleration (was:openGL question)

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Wim De Smet wrote:

> [...]
>
> Hi,
>
> I may be wrong but AFAIK there is no support for hardware acceleration
> in the xserver drivers. It is my understanding that this requires some
> level of knowledge about the hardware that is usually not disclosed. So
> the only drivers that I know of that do provide hardware acceleration
> are the propietary ones for the nvidia chipsets (the "nv" video drivers,
> standard in X, does _not_ provide hardware acceleration).
>
> I may be wrong but I think this is the problem.

Yes, this is what I thought in the first place too, but I hoped that in
the years things had changed.

My main idea was because it is an openGL card, I hoped that it was a
pretty easy way to parse the openGL commands directly to the card or
something. Guess this is harder than I thought.

Thanks,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98