Re: Clock running slow

At 07:03 AM 12/05/02 +0000, James Tappin wrote:
>Does the machine have a SCSI bus or a device running under ide-scsi? I
>have seen clocks run extremely slow (less than half speed) when using SCSI
>devices with disconnects disabled. NTP can fail to correct if the shift is
>too big.

Yes it does.  The machine is used for burning CDs and they are ide-scsi.

Can you recommend a way to test this?  Any work-arounds?

Time is not critical on this machine -- I suppose I could just crontab
ntpdate.

Thanks James,

Hum... So, how does cron keep from running things twice if the clock gets
set back before the cron period?

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org