EXIM relay for specific users

Where did you find it?

I searched debian-user back two years and found nothing? (searched for ASMTP
exim)

I too am trying in vain to get this working.

My biggest problem is that this is a production server and I have no other
to play on.

I don't want to set up another user/password database.  I have shadow
passwords enabled, but /etc/shadow should only be readable by root and
shadow - exim shouldn't be able to access that directly.  The shadow
passwords are MD5 hashed, and I use pam for all of my authorisation.

I assume there must be a way to set exim up to use pam passwords?  All the
stuff I've read talks about pam or MD5, but never both.

Also, I was thinking I might have to set up a file in /etc/pam.d/exim or
such like to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated.