Re: How do I do a net install when there's no driver for my nic?

Hello Brian,

Am 02:19 2002-12-01 -0500 hat Brian Kendig geschrieben:

>Ethernet port powered by a 3Com 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL 10/100 chip.

A realy good NIC ;-))
Works every time...

>Problem is, the Debian 3.0 installation disks have no driver for this
>network interface.  I want to use floppies to start a net install of

???
Hi, I do not understand this, because all of my Debian-i386-CD's
from Slink to WOODY support the 3Com NIC... exept the compact image.

>How do I do a net install of Debian on this computer?

I think, you must install the first base from thr 26 floppy-disks...
Or if you can, download the drivers.tgz and base3_0.tar to your
harddisk, make the rescue and the root Floppy and install your stuff.

After this, install the kernel-source-2-4-19 and its depencies and
make your own Kernel.

Please note, that the 26 Floppys for the Base support the 3Com NIC !!!

Michelle