Re: where to download KDE

* Rob Weir (rweir@softhome.net) wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:35:44PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I read that I should use:
> > http://kde.tdyc.com/ stable kde2
> > as the source for my kde packages however, when I run 'apt-get update', I
> > get errors regarding 'Packages' not being found. I got this from the KDE
> > website so I'm thinking, what should I do?
>
> These were kde2 packages from way back in day, before Debian was
> distributing KDE at all.  I can't remember the exact line for the new
> KDE3 ones, but I'm sure that 'kde3 debs apt' in Google will find it
> within the first few hits.

You can use one or more of these for KDE3, but you may also need some
testing and unstable libs to support it:

#KDE (temporary kde3 debs):
deb http://people.debian.org/~bab/kde3 ./
deb ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/desktops/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/sid ./
deb http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/woody ./

Cheers

Cam

--