Re: How to enable DMA at boot time

At 09:25 PM 12/01/02 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
>> > I've used the -k "keep" switch do htparm to remember DMA settings.
>>
>> I've tried that but the settings don't survive a reboot.
>
>Uh, they're not supposed to.  That flag is "keep_over_reset", which means
>that if the kernel has to reset the drive for some reason, that the setting
>should stick.

Thanks.  I just tested on my laptop and it doesn't keep over reboot indeed.
 My error was I just installed a new machine where DMA was off on boot and
I used -k1 -d1 and that fixed it.  Well, that I built a new kernel about
that time might have made the difference too!

moseley@laptop:~$ fgrep DMA /boot/config-2.4.18-xfs-laptop
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ADMA=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y