try to copy iso to cd-rw in window xp failed, need help!

Dear linux users:

  I download two progeny1.0 iso, in my window xp, first time I just drag and drop to my cd-rw icon in my computer.  the burned cd is not working.

  then I read some of debian.org site 's aritcle, change my device manager's 1st ide(my cd-rw in primary master) device 0  from dma to pio,  then burn agin, it still not bootable.

now I change bother device 0 and 1 in device manager, plan to burn again,

  but before the third times, may anyone told me what may cause wrong of making linux iso(bootable) from window xp?

highly appreciate your time and effort

sincere Eric