Re: Exim permissions

On Sat 30 Nov 2002 17:14:09 +0000(+0000), Pigeon wrote:

> I've been writing a C program to burst incoming digests into separate
> messages.

Did you know that procmail can regurgitate digested mail? From the procmailex man page:

       Split  up  incoming  digests from the surfing mailing list
       into their individual messages, and store them into  surf­
       ing, using surfing.lock as the locallockfile.

              :0:
              * ^Subject:.*surfing.*Digest
              | formail +1 -ds >>surfing

That's if you use mbox mailboxes. For other formats you may need to replace the append to mailbox with a command (man formail).

To invoke procmail from exim, put this line in ~/.forward:
|/usr/bin/procmail

I have a vague recollection that there is another way to invoke procmail from exim; perhaps someone else can advise.

I hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Clive