Re: cfdisk revisited

01.12.2002 18:07:53, "Derrick 'dman' Hudson" <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:

> The linux booters (lilo, grub, syslinux, etc.) don't care about that
> flag.  It is MS-DOS and MS Windows that cares.  Its possible that it
> only cares if you use an MS boot loader, it may not matter when you
> chainload the windows boot loader.  OTOH it may be that windows needs
> the windows partition to be "bootable".

Is this so?
I thought, that if for example I install LILO in /dev/hda3 (instead of
in the mbr), this partition has to be bootable too.

OK, this does not mean, that lilo cares about it, but a relation
between the two is still there, even without M$

But after all, I may be totally wrong here since I use mbr.

-- Michael