Re: scsi errors, how dangerous could it be?

On Sunday 01 December 2002 06:34 am, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
>  Hello All,
>
>  I have some messages in /var/log/syslog which attracted my
> attention. it about scsi errors which I don't fully understand:
> Dec  1 07:40:30 ial kernel: scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr =
> 0x9 Dec  1 07:40:30 ial kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected
> during address or write data phase
>
>  These message appear time to time. I've tried to google for this
> problem, but haven't figured anything, beside that: 1) problem exists
> :( 2) it also happens to bsd folks.
snip
> Is this a problem? Bios setting disables IRQ for USB, but usb-uhci
> still uses it. Could USB be disabled without recompiling kernel?
> Motherboard is dual-pentium ready, but only one processor is
> installed. Should I use kernel-image-*-smp or not?
>
>  Any help is apreciated. Thank you in advance.

There is an issue with the MPS version setting in the BIOS. I had to
change the default to get error free performance on mine. Its been
awhile so I don't remember which MPS version to use now but a google on
MPS & SCSI will get you more info.

If you never plan on getting that second processor you don't need an
smp kernel, but the board rocks with 2 :)

--
Greg Madden