Re: block webistes "websites"

you should try a HOSTS file, define 127.0.0.1 as localhost on first line and type 127.0.0.1 forbiddendomain.com on second, I use mine to block doubleclick...

Regards, Dean.

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 07:13:54 -0800 Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
--- Begin Message ---
On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 02:58:00PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> I saw the history of the webbrowser at one of the computers in my
> network, a Windows-XP machine. One site is forbidden, but it was
> visited. Is there a package for debian (the server here) to block
> forbidden URL's? There's no graphical environment, only a remote-login
> by ssh with MC.

You're looking for squidgaurd and possibly chastity-list.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user

--- End Message ---