Re: Cheap CDs

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 02:43, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 12:32:01AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > Yep, the modules are fine - I've been burning CDs for a couple years
> > with this box. Xcdroast also is fine at burning CDs, just not seeing any
> > CDs to read in, data or audio. I'm working off the command line and via
> > the hard drive, and it seems to be working for now, so I'll just mark it
> > down as *maybe a programming project to take on down the road*.
>
> That's *really* strange.  I haven't had that kind of problem with
> xcdroast/sid at all.
>
> --
>  .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian admin and user
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than to fix a system

Well, as I said, it is an Acer CD burner - it does the core stuff rather
well at a good price, but it isn't necessarily cutting edge or
definitive of perfect implementation. I can see that it could bumble at
handling the one device as both read and write (the other CD drive
doesn't support cdda and isn't on SCSI emulation, while Xcdroast can
only read from SCSI accessed devices apparently.)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org