Re: Bounced Message but still sent to list *partly solved, not on my side*

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 05:08:46PM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:

| Why don't the list maintainers wipe the faulty address?

How would they know the address is faulty?  *You* got the error
message, not them.  The list software does automatically remove bad
addresses (like it did to yours a while ago), but only if it knows the
address is bad.  If the recipient's mail server is so broken that it
sends bounces to the wrong address, then the list software doesn't get
any indication the address is bad.  I suppose the problem has been
corrected already since I haven't received any such bounce message.

-D

--
Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/