Re: Will Gregg and Monica's computer support Debian?

On November 30, 2002 02:56 pm, Pigeon wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 08:53:37PM +0000, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net
wrote:
> > wouldnt it be slower though? Pentium 1 or 2? What about a Cyrix
> > MII 366.
> >
> > Regards, Dean.
>
> Well, it sounds like a pretty old machine, so it may be limited to
> a Pentium 1 which gives you a max clock of 233MHz. So a bit slower,
> but not much.
>
> Point is that Cyrix try and compete with the much better financed
> Intel on speed basically by using a cheaper process and pushing it
> to its limits, so a Cyrix at its proper clock speed is more or less
> like an Intel overclocked as far as you can push it.

If it did have problems, maybe you could underclock it.  I have no
idea if this'll work but I don't see why not..
I tried this on my 1600+XP just for shits and giggles but couldnt get
the thing to boot..
has anyone ever tried this sucessfully?

leo