Re: debian user vs. browser plug-ins

hi,

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 04:31:29PM -0200, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> Earlier in this thread I wanted to reply that realplayer is available
> just to find out that it isn't and now mplayer is gone,too? What is
> going on there?

i don't think mplayer has ever officially been in the debian distro.
i think it was either depending on non-free code or proprietary
codecs that technically made binary redistribution illegal.  i'm not sure
if this is even true anymore (i hear it's now completely GPL too), but
i don't think it's yet made its way into debian in any case.  *however*,
mplayer ships with a ./debian directory, letting debian users create
their own debs from the latest cvs source, and i think there are a few
pre-made debs on the net as well.

> - Not that mplayer could handle all .rm's and work as a browser plugin
> anyway.

well i'd rather have that than realplayer :)

	sean