Re: 2 ?'s -- tkseti colors not showing & 3-4 tcl/tk libs installed?

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 06:39:25PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:07:17PM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Is this normal?  Or can the lower libs be removed? I did a dry dselect run
> > to see what would happen, and got warnings on different things for each of
> > the tk libs.  I assume there are different dependencies?
>
> I'm not really sure how compatible tcl is supposed to be across minor
> version bumps, but I bet the package maintainers are ;)  apt-get install
> deborphan and run it to see which packages are not Depend'ed on by any
> others and can thus be safely removed.

My guts are telling me that they cross over but perhaps not totally.  For
instance, tkseti depends on tk8.2 but I had only 8.3 and 8.4 installed (I
don't know how that happened either). Adding 8.2 to the installed list
didn't affect the color issue mentioned earlier in my original post either.

So... I _could_ start removing them to see if something pukes on me, but I'm
more concerned with unseen problems.

Deborphan lists none of the tcl or tk libs, so packages dependent on them must
be quite specific.  It would be nice to be able to clean things up if
possible.

Thanks for helping this non-geek, Rob.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,