Re: embedding sed scripts in .procmailrc

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:22:14 +0100,
Oliver Fuchs wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, csj wrote:

> > > it has to be
> > >
> > > :0 fwh

> > > What exactly do you want to do here?
> >
> > Easy. I want to rewrite the email header (field) List-Post so
> > that I can use it with my MUA's automatic "To:"
> > insertion. The header in question generally takes the
> > non-useful from of "List-Post: <mailto:foo@bar.org>"
> >
> > Basically I want to extract the contents of List-Post minus
> > the "mail-to:" to create a header like
> > my MUA to use this in replies to list mail. This I feel is a
> > better solution than attempting to make an elephant dance.
>
> Ah, o.k ... looking at the header of your mail I found this:

> So it is already there ... is this what you wanted?  Using mutt
> you have the possibility:
>
>   list-reply (default: L)

[snip n/a]

If you looked further ;-), you could have also noted that I'm not
using mutt. Sorry, a recent convert to the church of
emacs. Besides, the mailing list isn't debian. The most common
mailing list identifier I've found is "List-Post", which to
recapitulate contains an added "mailto:";

> See also man formail:
>
>        To supersede the Reply-To: field in a header you could
> use:
> 	      formail -i "Reply-To: foo@bar"

I've checked that one out. It seems you still need some sed
tricks.