Re: embedding sed scripts in .procmailrc

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:24:11 +0100, Oliver Fuchs wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, csj wrote:
>
> > Why doesn't the following .procmailrc recipe work?
> >
> > :0fwh
>
> it has to be
>
> :0 fwh
>
> > | sed -e 's/^List-Post:/X-Mailing-List-Post-Address:/I ; s/mailto://'
>
> What exactly do you want to do here?

Easy. I want to rewrite the email header (field) List-Post so
that I can use it with my MUA's automatic "To:" insertion. The
header in question generally takes the non-useful from of

Basically I want to extract the contents of List-Post minus the
"mail-to:" to create a header like "X-Mailing-List-Post-Address:
<foo@bar.org>." I can then tell my MUA to use this in replies to
list mail. This I feel is a better solution than attempting to
make an elephant dance.