Re: embedding sed scripts in .procmailrc

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, csj wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:24:11 +0100, Oliver Fuchs wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, csj wrote:
> >
> > > Why doesn't the following .procmailrc recipe work?
> > >
> > > :0fwh
> >
> > it has to be
> >
> > :0 fwh

> > What exactly do you want to do here?
>
> Easy. I want to rewrite the email header (field) List-Post so
> that I can use it with my MUA's automatic "To:" insertion. The
> header in question generally takes the non-useful from of
>
> Basically I want to extract the contents of List-Post minus the
> "mail-to:" to create a header like "X-Mailing-List-Post-Address:
> <foo@bar.org>." I can then tell my MUA to use this in replies to
> list mail. This I feel is a better solution than attempting to
> make an elephant dance.

Ah, o.k ... looking at the header of your mail I found this:

So it is already there ... is this what you wanted?
Using mutt you have the possibility:

  list-reply (default: L)

  Reply to the current or tagged message(s) by extracting any addresses
  which match the addresses given by the ``lists or subscribe''
  commands, but also honor any Mail-Followup-To header(s) if the
  ``$honor_followup_to'' configuration variable is set.	 Using this when
  replying to messages posted to mailing lists helps avoid duplicate
  copies being sent to the author of the message you are replying to.

See also man formail:

       To supersede the Reply-To: field in a header you could use:
	      formail -i "Reply-To: foo@bar"

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit