Alt-Gr and Windows-Key as Meta-Key suddenly stops working

Hi,

this is a mystery to me: Without changing any configuration, suddenly
the Alt-Gr Key (which I urgently need in German!) and the Windows-Key
which used to function as Meta-Key (for Emacs) stopped working.

I have no idea, why this should be so, and unfortunately no idea how I
could get my previous configuration back.

Before this unfortunate change happened I had installed pspp, the /tmp
directory and I as user were temporarily out of disk-space and to help
that I moved the /tmp directory and created a soft link to the new
location.

Could anything of this have created the problem? Could it be, that
some config file got lost that way? Which one could it be?

I have debian-woody and KDE 3.0.4. Alt-Gr works under the console, but
not under X.

Please, help me to get the Alt-Gr Key back!

Thanks a lot!

Andreas Goesele