Re: pppd and pam

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 02:03:40PM -0800, nate wrote:
> Alexey Chetroi said:
> >
> >  I'm still trying to get pppd and radius work together.
> > There's pam_radius module, so is it posible to auth. pppd
> > users against pam_radius module? Does anybody get this working?
>
> what are you trying to do? I mean whats the real goal, are you
> setting up a dialup server for people to login to? Or something
> else? If so I reccomend 'portslave' it worked great for me.

 You're right. All I want to do is a dial-in ppp server. All incoming
users should be  authenticated via a radius server. Doing a quick
apt-cache show, portslave seems to be what I need, but can it do a chap
authentication?
 I've found some patches to the pppd that can do radius authentication,
but these patches doesn't apply cleanly on the debian pppd source. Today
I want to try radius plugin for the pppd and thought maybe someone done it
before.

> Or are you for some reason trying to use radius for dialing out ?

 No, definitly not :)
--

  Best regards,
  Alexey Chetroi

---
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse.   (c) Murphy's law