Re: Catastrophic Tasksel failure on install

Bob Eby said:

> Basically I don't know if I ran into a bug or if this behaviour is "by
> design".

sounds like a bug, I've used tasksel dozens of times and spacebar
was always what I used to "select" something. Then I would hit tab
to navigate to the "finish" button and hit enter.

it's always worked. not sure what happened in your case.

you should be able to run tasksel after basic install is done, this
is what I do anyways:

(assuming debian 3.0 install is similar to 2.2, haven't installed
3.0 from scratch yet)

when prompted for simple/advanced install i choose simple which
loads tasksel, I don't select anything, and go to finish, this
loads the bare system, after thats done then I continue to
load whatever I want(perhaps loading tasksel). Usually I want
to get ssh up and going fastest and install the rest from remote.

if 'tasksel' doesn't work after the basic install is done you
should be able to apt-get it.

nate