Re: network configuration

Ernesto Marquina, 2002-Nov-27 20:05 +0000:
> Hi,
>
> While I was configuring my network on debian woody, the isntaller
> asked me if theres an DHCP server on my network, I answered YES and
> he configured everything for me. Now everytime I start my linux I
> get this netenv window...and I choose the "default" configuration,
> which I think is the one that the installer generated for me when it
> found a DHCP server the last time.
>
> But now I'm in another network, and when I select the "default"
> profile, it holds there for ages and worst thing that after that, I
> dont have network connection. I checked the server-default file that
> the installer genereated, and I have some environment variables
> which have wrong IP addresses, it has IP address from the last
> network I logged in, but not for the current network I'm in.
>
> Does anybody know why could that be?, or with this "default"
> configuration netenv is not looking for a DHCP server anymore in
> order to assign new addresses?, if so...how can I "force" linux to
> search for a DHCP server?

It looks like you have the package "netenv" installed with allows you
to configure multiple network setups and choose the appropriate one.
Look at "man netenv" to see out to add the other network to the config
so you'll see "default" and "other" on the netenv window.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User