Re: What should I do after a power failure?

About 2 years ago, the last time I tried to get linux off the ground, I had
an accidental power interruption and the box was totally hosed from it.

I've had one occur recently, and the file system checker did it's thing but
things were never quite right again.  I ended up deleting and recreating
everything relating to the user that was logged in to KDE at the time.

So I'm also very curious about what happens, aside from the file system
which seems to be able to fix itself.