Applications started via KDE Kicker in wrong language (via shell ok)
After updating to woody and KDE 3 non-kde-applications started via kicker
start with the wrong language setting. If I start them via kconsole they
start up with the right setting (except galeon, which then hangs).
My guess is that the language environment variables are not set correctly
before kde starts. (I had some problems with those too, since I got "locale
not supported by C library errors. running dpkg-reconfigure locales did not
help, so I added de_DE.ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15 in /etc/locale.gen and
regenereated the locales. This seemed to solve that problem. I don't really
I have LANG, LC_ALL etc. set for de_DE@euro for bash in /etc/language-de and
source that from environment, profile and bashrc, which seem to work as
starting via kconsole works (as far as language setting is concerned).
What do I have to change to have them start via kicker in my chosen language