Re: apt-get error message

Extracted from: http://katspace.net/computers/linux_tips.txt
"This happened because Debian is so big now, that once I started listing
multiple sources, it couldn't cope with them all with its default
settings for its Dynamic MMap (which stands for Dynamic Memory Map I
think).  The way this gets fixed is to add the APT::Cache-Limits
parameter to your /etc/apt/apt.conf file, with a size greater than 6MB.
The value has to be in bytes.  Thus, when I changed mine to 12MB (I
thought doubling it might be enough) I put in the following line:

	APT::Cache-Limit 12582912;

(12582912 is 12 * 1024 * 1024) See "man apt.conf" for more details.
(And "man apt-config" for a command to let you see what your current
config is)."
I had the same problem and changing cache limit solved it.
Vlada

--
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka <kerka@dinmont.cz>