Re: How do I add CD's to dselect package list?

Just curious, why did you make up a CD of .debs and other programs, as
opposing to installing directly from a debian online source using apt (ie,
apt-get install package-name?  If you don't know what I'm talking about, fess
up and we'll point you in the right direction.  The easiest way to install
debs directly from your cd would be:

mount /cdrom
dpkg -i /cdrom/packagename.deb

For non-deb files,
alien /cdrom/packagename.tar.gz
will convert it to a deb to be installed as above.