Re: Testing; openoffice installed but I can not find the setup program in any menu.(solved)

> Open Office 1.01 is installed but the .debs do not seem to have
created
> a .setup file for /root or the /home/user directory. I installed from
> testing mirror site. I know that I need to run this and input the info
> required in the registration area (even though it is not required) in
> order for the various programs to run. All of the applications are
> listed in the KDE3 menu correctly just no setup, Any ideas??
> John
Well go figure this.... I restarted the system and the entire batch of
OpenOffice applications are now working. Is this something new??  I have
never noticed this as a requirement before on ANY Linux system with he
exception of updating a kernel.
I guess I will just file this under one of the lovely features of
running testing/unstable :-)
John