Re: DVDrip question

Din Tuck schrieb:

I am now able to Rip DVDs using DVDrip.  But I have two questions

What are some good settings for a nice divx file ?  I tried some on Xvid and Dvix5, but they don't look too good.  Anyone recommend some settings?
Most often I use the "medium frame size" option for the output movie, then you should absolutely run in 2-pass mode (for Divx5) and select a video bitrate not lower than 1200 kbits/s. I recomment transcoding a short slice of the movie (not the opening credits ;) ), say frames 30000-40000, watch the output and decide if you need higher bitrate or not.

Also, why is so much disk space needed? I got error about needing 38 gb of space to convert a 89 minute movie.  Is there a way to not need so much space?
This is not normal. A DVD does not contain that much data, nor does the output movie. You should post more specific data about this message to the DVD-rip or the transcode mailing list.

Sorry for my bad english, I am learning it :)
Don't we all learn all the time?

joerg