DVDrip question

hello

I am now able to Rip DVDs using DVDrip.  But I have two questions

What are some good settings for a nice divx file ?  I tried some on Xvid and Dvix5, but they don't look too good.  Anyone recommend some settings?

Also, why is so much disk space needed? I got error about needing 38 gb of space to convert a 89 minute movie.  Is there a way to not need so much space?

Thank you

Din Tuck

Sorry for my bad english, I am learning it :)
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom