Re: linux inside windows domain

Nope , routing does not work - donow why , already tested and also the
dante-client configured as much I could understood from man page...

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Rob Weir wrote :

» Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:34:30 +1100
» From: Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net>
» To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
» Subject: Re: linux inside windows domain
»
» On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 11:15:42PM -0800, Florentin Ionescu wrote:
» > Given a computer alpha with debian , on a windows NT domain beta which
» > has a proxy server gama 11.22.33.44 can anybody please explain me how
» > can you set socks5 (? any other way ?) to access the Internet ?
»
» You could just route packets directly, which is the obvious solution.
» Why aren't you doing this?
»
» > Mozilla has build-in client, so setting proxy as gama:1080 is working
» > fine - but I want to other application to work too.
»
» SOCKS is a special protocol which programs have to actually understand
» to use.  Find socksified versions of the software you want, actually
» route things properly over the network or, in a pinch, install tsocks
» and use the LD_PRELOAD hack to socksify everything else.
»
» You could also just use a HTTP proxy (like squid), a lot of programs
» know how to use that.
»
» -rob