Re: X priority warning

This one time, at band camp, Rob Weir said:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 09:40:13PM -0800, Roy Pluschke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm getting the following warning on starting X:
> >
> > X warning: process set to priority 0 instead of the the
> > requested priority -10
>
> I get this too, but X seems to be running at nice -10 anyway.  I'll have
> a look into it on the weekend and post if I figure it out.
>
> -rob

It's just a bug in the startup script, IIRC.  It launches a subshell to
set the nice value, which succeeds and returns '0' (success) - the
startup script misparses and prints the warning.  No biggy.

|  Stephen Gran                  | I hate babies.  They're so human.   --  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | H.H. Munro                              |