Re: AGP support for GeForce 2MX 400 64MB AGP (Inside TNC)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:32:58AM +0100, Jan Krupa wrote:
> Do you mean it is enough to compile only:
> [M] /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
> or
> [*] /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
> and none of
> [*]/Intel 440LX/BX/GX and ..
> [*]Intel I810/I815/...
> [*]via chipset support
> .
> .
> .
> [*]serverwarks LE/HE Support

i don't think you even need all those...

> and
> [*] Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRM support)
> and none of
> <*> 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3+
> <*> ATI Rage 128
> <*> ATI Radeon
> <*> Intel I810
> <*> Matrox..
> <*> SIS

and most of those too (you don't have an ati card, right?).

> > > Maybe I should compile nividia-kernel-src.tar.gz?
> >
> > Only if you want accelerated 3d.  If not, then X's Free nv driver works
> > great.  If you do want the non-Free drivers, then use the
> > nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glx-src packages to make it much easier.
> How it can be done?

this is from that email i mentioned:

- roll your own kernel with make-kpkg, or at least install the
  kernel-headers package for your kernel version
# cd /usr/src/linux && make-kpkg binary
(then look for debs in /usr/src, or)
# apt-get install kernel-headers-2.x.x

- install the following packages:
# apt-get install nvidia-glx-src nvidia-kernel-src
- extract the nvidia module source
# cd /usr/src && tar xvfz nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
- build the kernel module for the nvidia card
# cd /usr/src/linux && make-kpkg modules_image
- then in /usr/src you should have a .deb package for nvidia kernel
# cd /usr/src && dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-2.x.x_rev_i386.deb
- then install the glx stuff
# cd /usr/src/nvidia-glx_version && dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
  nvidia-glx and ends with .deb
- finally, reconfigure X, which i strongly recommend that you do with
  debconf
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

there should be a new driver entry when it asks you for your video
card driver, like nvidia or nvdriver or something (not nv), choose
that, and you should be on your way.

hth
	sean