Re: AGP support for GeForce 2MX 400 64MB AGP (Inside TNC)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 07:21:21PM +0100, Jan Krupa wrote:
> >
> > I have debian3.0 installed, kernel-2.4.18 on Pentium IV with
> > GeForce 2MX 400 64MB AGP (Inside TNC).
> >
> > What should I compile into kernel to support the AGP for the graphic card?
> >
> > I use make menuconfig and
> > in section ''Character devices''
> > I tried to choose:
> > [M] /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
> > and do not know what else should I choose?:
> > []/Intel 440LX/BX/GX and ..
> > []Intel I810/I815/...
> > []via chipset support
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > []serverwarks LE/HE Support
> >
> > [*] Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRM support)
> > DRM 4.1 Drivers
> > ... (which one to choose?).
>
> Yep.

Do you mean it is enough to compile only:
[M] /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
or
[*] /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
and none of
[*]/Intel 440LX/BX/GX and ..
[*]Intel I810/I815/...
[*]via chipset support
.
.
.
[*]serverwarks LE/HE Support

and
[*] Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRM support)
and none of
<*> 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3+
<*> ATI Rage 128
<*> ATI Radeon
<*> Intel I810
<*> Matrox..
<*> SIS
?

> > Maybe I should compile nividia-kernel-src.tar.gz?
>
> Only if you want accelerated 3d.  If not, then X's Free nv driver works
> great.  If you do want the non-Free drivers, then use the
> nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glx-src packages to make it much easier.
How it can be done?

Jan