Re: where to put pon ???!!

* Dave Selby <dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk> [2002-11-25 20:08]:
> Ive configured my pppd as dial on demand, it works great !!!
> Where do I put pon ? I want it to automatically be executed as I boot the
> system.

No need to put pon in a startup script. I think what you want is
to rename /etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot to /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot. This will
fire up pon on boot and get it ready to connect to 'provider', just as
if you'd typed in pon yourself. If you've set it up to connect to
somebody other than 'provider', have a read of /etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot
and edit the default provider as required.