Re: fetchmail failing in fetching mail from a pop server

Elizabeth, the suggested mda command did not work.

For every of the 5 messages awaiting on the pop server I got:
"
About to rewrite Resent-Sender: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org
Rewritten version is Resent-Sender: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org

fetchmail: about to deliver with: /usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f bounce-debian-user=robert.land=t-online.de@lists.debian.org rland #***************************.******************fetchmail: message 5 was not the expected length (3839 actual != 3746 expected)
not flushed
"

What was that doubling you mentioned a few days ago?

Robert

Elizabeth Barham wrote:

Robert.Land@t-online.de (Robert Wilhelm Land) writes:

> He explained that his configuration would override exims idea
> of who the sender is and replace this with as he wrote:
> "..we want fetchmail to be able to specify the sender of the
> message to whatever value it derivce from the POP3 server."

> Was he refering to the data in the envelopes being passed from
>  >pop_server ->to -> fetchmail ->to -> exim < =A0 ?

> Could you give me some assistance in understanding this?

That does not make sense.

The idea is to retrieve the mail from the POP server and send it to a
local user.

You might want to try the:

mda "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f %F %T"

and if that does not work, tell us what it says when you try to run
it.

Why don't you just run exim as a daemon, anyway?

Elizabeth