Re: OT: debian powerpc: 64 bit or 32 bit?

This one time, at band camp, Karsten M. Self said:
> I've looked for the answer to this question in several places, no
> clear statement I can find.
>
> Is the Debian powerpc port 32 or 64 bit?  Does this pertain to the
> kernel and all apps or just the kernel?  And is this equivalent to,
> e.g.:  SuSE's zSeries/powerpc ports (which _are_ 64 bit AFAIK).
>
> If there's a document explaining this in detail, I'd appreciate a
> reference.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peace.

I looked around on the ports page, but didn't see anything specific.  I
would assume the kernel is the same as on any linux distro.  I
downloaded a deb, and extracted it, and ran file on it to check.  Here's
the output:

steve:~$ file temp/usr/bin/kcdlabel
temp/usr/bin/kcdlabel: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500,
version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared
libs), stripped

FWIW,
|  Stephen Gran                  | The joys of love made her human and the   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | agonies of love destroyed her.   --       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Spock, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate |
|  			         | 5842.8                                    |