Re: HP Laserjet 1200 series (print copy scan) problem

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Am Freitag, 22. November 2002 16:50 schrieben Sie:
> > > The PPD from HP and a printing system that accepts such PPD file (e.g.
> > > cups). Download the windows postscript driver and unzip it and then you
>     ^^^^
> > > have the PPD file :)

I installed CUPS system.

Which model/driver to choose?

During the configuration (http://localhost:631/admin)
I cannot find proper model/driver for HP Laserjet 1200 series (se?).
I tried the driver for  HP Laserjet 1100A and it works but
I can only print  at maximum 600dpi. Also I tried
HP Laserjet 2100M, Foomatic+Postscript and it works too but
when I configure the printer I do not understand the option
in extra section: Ghostscript Resolution: 1200 DPI.
This is an postscript printer so why it uses ghostscript?

(
Choose default options for HP_Laserjet_1200.
Extra
Density:
Economy mode:
Ghostscript Resolution:
Memory Booster Technology:
REt Setting:
)

I copied the hp1200_7.ppd file from original CD (which I got
with the printer) and it also works. I have also on that CD
hp1220_7.ppd file. Which one to choose: hp1200_7.ppd or hp1220_7.ppd
or to stay with the one generated by CUPS system (but I could not find
driver for exactly HP Laserjet 1200 so I chose the one for
HP Laserjet 2100M, Foomatic+Postscript)?

How one can scan with the machine (it's  print copy scan)?

Jan