Re: HP Laserjet 1200 series (print copy scan) problem

Thanks for answer.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Jan Krupa wrote:
> > Q1.
> > Which filter is the best for HP Laserjet 1200?
> > (ljet4, ljet4ml or ...?)
>
> The PPD from HP and a printing system that accepts such PPD file (e.g.
> cups). Download the windows postscript driver and unzip it and then you
> have the PPD file :)
>
> > Q2.
> > How one can print in 1200 dpi on this HP Laserjet 1200?
>
> see Q1
>
> > Q3. How one can use it to scan? (it's print copy and scan machine)
>
> http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml

I'll try.

> > Q4. Is it a postscript printer?
> YES

I tried the following printcap (for ''row postscript''?)
without any filter:

# Generic printer:
lp:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/postscript:mx#0:xt@:sh:

and it works, but how one can use properties (e.g. dpi =1200,...)
of the printer with the above printcap? Is it possible?

Jan