Re: some window managers don't read personal menus

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 07:33, nate wrote:
> Haim Ashkenazi said:
>
> > I've tried that (on woody) and it does change the menues I've changed
> > (kedit), but it doesn't add the new menus (although update-menu did create
> > the directory structure in ~/.afterstep).
>
> what do your menu entries look like?
>
> some of mine:
>
> ?package(gnome-terminal):needs="x11" section="Common" title="Star Office 6" \
>               command="/nfs/Apps/staroffice6/program/soffice"
> ?package(gnome-terminal):needs="x11" section="Common" title="Star Office
> Setup" \
>               command="/nfs/Apps/staroffice6/spadmin"
The menus are correct, and they are generating the correct syntax for
all the window managers. it's just that the window managers behave
strange, sometime they use only the system menu, and sometimes they use
my menus only where there isn't an entry in the system menu.