Re: [OT] cdrdao and toc files

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 17:20, Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 11:59 AM 11/21/02 +0100, Stefan Janecek wrote:
> >> And how I can build a toc file from a collection of .wav
> >> files (where I don't know their length in seconds).
> >>

> >I use the following bash script to do that...
> >(if you don't give the length explicitly, cdrdao is wise
> >enough to take the length of the .wav file ;-)
>
> Oh, sorry I was not clear.  Maybe I'm assuming the toc/cue sheet does more
> than what it really does.
>
> I'm trying to find out what I can do with the toc -- e.g. can I adjust
> song/track lengths (cut the last 20 seconds out of a song)?  Or can I split
> a track into two tracks (say I have a single wave file I want to include on
> a CDR that has two songs and I want the track display to change mid-way
> through that song)?

Yes, you can do all of that with the toc-file. See 'man cdrdao' for the
exact specification of this file.

> And if I can do those things (by adjusting the times in the toc file) then
> I'd need a way to get the length of the wav file in seconds when creating
> the toc file.

Yes. I never used those features, so I can't recall a simple method to
get the length of the wav file (but I am sure there is such a simple
method)

Maybe the 'gcdmaster' program might be interesting for you: it is a
graphical user interface to cdrdao, and you can set indexes, track
beginnings and ends and all the like with it.

> This is off topic for debian-user, so pointers to any good active linux CDR
> list would be helpful.

Hmmm.Don't know any list, but

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdr.html

provides an extensive list of links to Linux/CDR-related information...

HTH, Stefan

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?