Re: Help! Debian unbootable after XP re-install :-(

I had a similar problem and never solved it.  I posted to this group and
didn't get an answer.  It sounds like you were running a pre-packaged kernel
version 2.4.something - at some point the pre-packaged kernels started using initrd
images to boot and I was never able to figure out how to boot via initrd
via the rescue floppy . . .

If you have a few hundred mb available to setup a partition, if you install
from a CD, you should be able to get LILO back, and then enter the proper
stanza for your full system.  Then re-run LILO to get it running from your
full systems root partition with the initrd=/initrd.img directive.

Good luck.

madmac

--
Doug MacFarlane