Help! Debian unbootable after XP re-install :-(

Hi yall,

not a pretty site down here....

I've tried rescue root=/dev/hda3 (this changed from the previous /dev/hda4)

I've tried going into ash, the Bourne shell clone & re-running lilo, only go get back "invalid argument."

But, but, there is a perfectly fine root partition @ /dev/hda3...!

I've tried the Tux installer, to re-run lilo, same "invalid argument...."

When I try to boot, with my boot floppy or was it rescue (?), anyways, error message reads "Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel."

Well, I am not panicking just yet (Kernel is-surely both panicking would be baaaad!), mild apprehension & some effects of sleep deprivation.....

*BFN*

Greek Geek  :-)