Re: weird g++ behavior

hi Elizabeth,

On 21 November 2002 at 11:30:10, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
 > What about running conftest.cc through the pre-processor with the "-E"
 > option (g++ -E ...)? That often helps clear up some of the odder parse
 > errors.
 >
 > Elizabeth

yes, i also find it a good way to diagnose weird preprocessor errors:
the thing is, chances are that the bug won't manifest on the next
call -- two or three files down the line g++ will crash again either
with a bogus "parse error before `*'" or just silently fail...

i suppose i could script a stress-test to keep re-running the
preprocess/compile stages until one of them breaks, and then
look at the output, but the intermittent character and the
other problems make me suspect it's not just a gcc/g++/cpp
bug...

marmosets,
	Bryan