Re: HP Laserjet 1200 series (print copy scan) problem

-- Jan Krupa <krupa@alpha.sggw.waw.pl> wrote
(on Thursday, 21 November 2002, 09:25 PM +0100):

> Thanks for answer.
No problem.

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
>
> > -- Jan Krupa <krupa@alpha.sggw.waw.pl> wrote
> > (on Thursday, 21 November 2002, 06:19 PM +0100):
> > >
> > > I have installed Debian 3.0 (woody) on PC Pentium IV.
> > > I cannot get HP Laserjet 1200 series (print copy scan) working.
> > > I installed lpd (parallel printer support), lprng.
> > > I then run magicfilterconfig choose ljet4 filter, devise: /dev/lp0
> > > (tried also /dev/lp1, /dev/lp2) and I cannot print anything.
> > >  It works under W2k (on the same machine).
> > Are you sure you connected it to the parallel port, and not the USB
> > port? Most of these print/copy/scan combos are USB, so you'll need the
> I think I connected it to the parallel port (parallel plug is with
> many pins and much bigger than the USB one which are also "without
> pins")
Yep, you've got it on your parallel port. As root, do an 'lsmod', and
see if a module named "parport" and/or a "parport_pc" are present -- if
not, it means that your parallel port isn't being picked up. Executing a
"modprobe parport parport_pc" should activate them -- if no errors
occur, place each of these modules in your /etc/modules file so they're
present at boot.

If this still doesn't work, what messages do you get when you print?

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net