Re: Eterm and mouse

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:42:43PM +0000, Ricardo Diz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This maybe a litle off topic but, since I'm running debian and this is
> The mailing list for debian users... Anyway, feel free to flame me (once
> is enough though :) ).
>
> As I wrote in the subject, I usually use Eterm to acess mutt, epic, vim, bash shell,...
> The problem is that if I happen to a weblink in a mail for instance, I
> can't use urlview to open mozilla (I can do it with gnome-terminal
> though). I can't use the mouse buttons to do anything at all, and

The hyperlink thing is entirely terminal dependant.  You'd have to ask
the Eterm people to implement it; though it might be possible to hack
something out of their themes, but I'm not sure how powerful they are.

> everytime I join a channel in irc using epic (this works with
> gnome-terminal) my cool tranparent Eterm background changes to black!!

Again, this is an artifact of how Eterm implements pseudo-transparency
(real transparency is not yet possible under X).  Maybe you could alter
some Xresource to make the black background of epic considered
transparent by Eterm, but I've no idea how.

Since your questions are more to do with Eterm-as-a-terminal rather than
Eterm-as-a-Debian-package, maybe the eterm-users list would be more able
to help?

-rob