Re: dhcpd and pppoe and name servers

At 08:41 PM 11/20/02 -0600, David Bell wrote:
>On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 17:57, Bill Moseley wrote:
>> 2) if the ppp-reported name server changes how do I update the "option
>> domain-name-servers" in my /etc/dhcpd.conf file automatically?
>
>I would recommend running a caching DNS server on this box, since it
>will be used to service a LAN.  This way, the DNS server address for the
>LAN computers will not change.

Would you recommend a caching only bind9 setup, or Dnsmasq?  I've never
used Dnsmasq, but it seems like it's designed specifically for this.  On
the other hand bind is nice since it doesn't have to depend on the ISPs
name servers (which I assume dnsmasq does.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org